Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Eating right is paying off...

Yesterday's swim was canned as I had to drop Emily at school at 6.15am, no she was not keen to get an early start to her school day but was off on her first school camp. She was heading to Bathurst for gold panning, visit a sheep and cattle station as well as a lap around Mt Panorama.

This mornings swim was important that I put in a bit of an effort as I feel that I am not getting in as much swimming as I should and that I have been over eating a bit...yesterday I had both a Storm from Hungry Jacks (lunch) and a McFlurry from Micky D's (Dinner) - I didn't have burgers, just their desserts.

So I hit the pool with GrimSki at 5am and I started off quite quickly and just kept powering through the first km with a time just under 16mins! YES this is the first time that I have actually broken the 16 min mark in the 50 metre pool. But I didn't stop I kept on swimming thinking that I would push out to 1500 - but at the 1500 mark felt good and pushed on until the 2km mark. The 2nd km was completed in 16.45. So maybe not training and overeating was good for me.

I finished off the with another 1km and 500m to finish. The 3rd km was done in around the 16.50 mark, while the final 500 was just a warm down but the time was around the 8minutes 40sec. So all up 3.5km in a swim time of just over 58minutes. Very happy with this mornings swim. Might try Cold Rock ice cream today : )

No comments:

Post a Comment