
This weekend it was a great weekend to get in the last big push of training before starting to ease off in the last week to leave us primed for the Gold.
Now I am not normally a runner, but getting ready to head to the beach on Saturday morning, I could hear the surf pumping so while I did pack my gear to get wet, I did pull on the running tights and joggers...yes I also questions why I own a pair of running tights! So it was a surprising enjoyable run that I had along the beach down to the end of the Caravan park and back and then jumped up on the footpath to head down to the picnic area just near Half tide rocks boat ramp and back to the club house. GrimSki was still hard at it on the Ski trainer when I got back.
Sunday was some ocean practise and GrimSki headed out on the ski while the Running Bride and I supported from the duck...It was a big effort on the Ski as the conditions were tough with a decent swell (there was a large swell warning from SLSA). There was a quick change over run which allowed me to gear up with a swim cap and goggles, before heading out into the surf for a swim down to the Umina cnr and back...was not quite 3.5km (think I spent about 48-50mins swimming, probably around 2.8 - 3kms). The Running Bride put in a big effort for the run while I managed to get up to the Kiosk and grab a hamburger (gotta keep eating the right foods).
This morning was back to the pool for 3.5km. I was not feeling particularly keen when the alarm went off but managed to drag myself out of bed and get in 2 x 1.5km and 500m at the end. Today's swim really helped get the stiffness out of the body.
The club captain also managed to get into the pool this morning and was swimming strongly. I have to mention that Nij (Club Captain) and I had a bit of a board paddle yesterday to catch a couple of waves. There was this one set that we both were paddling for...at the peak of the wave I was looking down a very steep 2m face and thought this could hurt and pulled off the back of the wave, only to look across at the Captain as he was at the top of the wave , straight onto his knees and taking off down the wave. I was mightily impressed, both his skill and nerve (read that as luck and balls)...I think I need to spend some more time on the boards with Nij as my coach.
Now I am not normally a runner, but getting ready to head to the beach on Saturday morning, I could hear the surf pumping so while I did pack my gear to get wet, I did pull on the running tights and joggers...yes I also questions why I own a pair of running tights! So it was a surprising enjoyable run that I had along the beach down to the end of the Caravan park and back and then jumped up on the footpath to head down to the picnic area just near Half tide rocks boat ramp and back to the club house. GrimSki was still hard at it on the Ski trainer when I got back.

Sunday was some ocean practise and GrimSki headed out on the ski while the Running Bride and I supported from the duck...It was a big effort on the Ski as the conditions were tough with a decent swell (there was a large swell warning from SLSA). There was a quick change over run which allowed me to gear up with a swim cap and goggles, before heading out into the surf for a swim down to the Umina cnr and back...was not quite 3.5km (think I spent about 48-50mins swimming, probably around 2.8 - 3kms). The Running Bride put in a big effort for the run while I managed to get up to the Kiosk and grab a hamburger (gotta keep eating the right foods).
This morning was back to the pool for 3.5km. I was not feeling particularly keen when the alarm went off but managed to drag myself out of bed and get in 2 x 1.5km and 500m at the end. Today's swim really helped get the stiffness out of the body.
The club captain also managed to get into the pool this morning and was swimming strongly. I have to mention that Nij (Club Captain) and I had a bit of a board paddle yesterday to catch a couple of waves. There was this one set that we both were paddling for...at the peak of the wave I was looking down a very steep 2m face and thought this could hurt and pulled off the back of the wave, only to look across at the Captain as he was at the top of the wave , straight onto his knees and taking off down the wave. I was mightily impressed, both his skill and nerve (read that as luck and balls)...I think I need to spend some more time on the boards with Nij as my coach.

No comments:
Post a Comment