Sunday, 18 September 2011

Honeymooners are official.

So the name of the Honeymooners is now official, with the wedding on the weekend, the Chairman of the board and the Running Bride are now husband and wife - what a great day and evening. Congratulations to them both.

Back to training...Sunday morning recovery session was a ski paddle with GrimSki who had been down the beach for a couple of hours before I arrived. Not much in the way of swell, but a beautiful morning to be out on the water. I had arranged for a swim session at the beach for 4pm with Grimski and Shelley Smith.

I had a picnic lunch with the family before having a play around on my sons new Kayak that he got for his 9th birthday on Friday. We were having a great time before a southerly hit just after 1pm. This was quite violent wind storm that I had to contend with while putting the kayak and my old surf ski on the roof of the car. Seeing all the white caps on the water when only minutes earlier it had been calm made me think that the 4pm swim session would be canned.

But off to the beach I went and Shelly and Grimmo were there ready to go, so it was only a short session, but good practice for swimming in choppy conditions.

This morning was 3.5km session in the pool (3 x 1km and 500m)...I left the pool with a sore lower back that I haven't had for many months. Will need to get in some stretching over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment