Felt positively ordinary as I dragged the body out of bed. A 3am text message from daughter 2 (Emmzie) in London giving us an update on life as the Super Nanny at the end of the summer holidays. The 4:25 alarm came too quickly after that. Maybe it was the rain outside or maybe it was the training yesterday but today the spring had already sprung from my step.
These are the days you need to train! Every one has these days but its important to push through. I think as these days like they are training for the last third of the race when you’re knackered and feeling poor...that when this training kicks in! Anyway enough philosophising...
3k Friday was about getting in and underway by 5am so that I could still make the 6:40am train. 1st klm straight freestyle and noticed the Dark Mavis stroking past in lane 3 after 300m. Old mate in lane 1 is about the same speed as I and he had joined about the same time. 500m kick with fins followed by a klm freestyle with fins to pace Mavis along. The last 500m was pull buoy with paddles and as it was getting closer to 6am a few more people had decided to have a swim so being the social butterfly that I am... I moved in Dark’s lane and paced him along for the warm down.
World Cup of Haka’s tonight in Auckland as Tonga and the All Black’s go tongue to tongue. Carn the Wallabies!!
No comments:
Post a Comment