Sunday, 21 August 2011

Between the ‘Wreck of the Hesperus’ and ‘a Pakapoo ticket’

On Saturday morning Dark and I were down to contest the Go Natural adventure series in the Kurringhai National Park. With strong winds around I was almost pleased when the cyclist from HP pulled the pin late Friday night. At 3am I decided ‘d pull the pin, concerned about transporting my ski along the F3 in the winds.

At 7am I called Dark Mavis to make sure he’d got my earlier message. He’d decided to head to WWPLC and knock out 4k in the short course so I got organised and met him after he’d got through 2k of his session. Managed 3k myself before heading down to the surf club and jumping on the K1 trainer for 70 mins of paddling and got through 12k.

Mary took a break from her studies and we had some bacon & eggs on at home at 11:30 reading the Herald. A great column 8 item, which mentioned a couple of phrases that I hadn’t heard since I was a boy. “You look like the Wreck of the Hesperus!!” and “son clean up that room it’s like a Pakapoo ticket!!” lmao

Sunday I needed to swim at the Blue Swimmers visitation day with the Fridgit Digit’s over from Hardy’s Bay. Only planned to do a quick 30m and head off for a run but managed to win the heat then final and do a team relay... good laugh and if I can keep off the rope I might go alright in two weeks.

I was keen to get some aerobic work in by running from the Arboretum at Pearl Beach over to Patonga and back. 8.4k is great cardio session as the track rises up to 90m over 2.5k and then drops into Patonga down a stone staircase. At 22mins out and 24mins back it was a useful run even if I had to forgo the winners mug back at OB.




No comments:

Post a Comment