Monday, 15 August 2011

Shaping up for a good day

Work today is looking to be hectic with a couple of big milestones to hit, but it was off to the pool this morning to energise myself for the day ahead.

After yesterday's effort where I was drained and didn't have much energy I was much happier with today's swim. 3 x 1km all beating the 17min mark and a 500m to finish.

The first two kilometres were always on track to be under the 17min mark, while the third one I was struggling to get there and after 900m I looked up at the big clock and had 90 secs to swim the last hundred. I put in a bit of an effort and came through stopping the clock at 16.58. Was very pleased that whatever was weighing me down yesterday was not there today and was able to put in an effort and feel good for doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment