Sunday, 28 August 2011

Feeling the pressure, with pleasing results

This weekend domestic duties on two fronts, putting a dent in available training time. Both required a gerni to remove built up moss and dirt... but in the end Mum’s sloping driveway at Kincumber and our own back deck look years younger. On Saturday I managed to fit in about 70minutes of ski time on Broken Bay with some smallish waves at Umina.
Sunday morning it was the penultimate swim at Blue Swimmers and I felt so good I was DQ’d in the final of the 30m for going too fast with a 17:69secs... under the handicap rules I can’t swim faster than 18sec. Felt good in the water though. While the lads went back to OB for some soup I pulled on the Camelback and headed up the track over to Patonga for some aerobic work. Two guys on mountain bikes asked me if the track was ok for them. Avoid the stairs down into Patonga and you should be fine. They headed off while I was pulling my shoes on. Caught the first one about 1k up the track and passed the second at Warrah Trig turn off. 24min out and 25min return leg.
Back into the Pool at WWPLC this morning for a 2.2k swim to start the week... bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment