Monday, 8 August 2011

Time for a census on who’s training out there??

Each morning when I get up to train I put on the Sky News at 0430 to check in on what’s happened overnight. I fully expect each morning to see Wall Street spiralling further as the US edges towards some tough decisions in correcting its economy. I don’t expect to see London ablaze with riots while my two girls are out looking for work there. We skyped Emma last night at her flat in London and heard the sirens outside during our conversation. Hmmm ... take care my Aussie girls, London’s a riot.

Difficult to train some days when there is so much going through my mind. I was like the Grinch trying to decide whether to attend Whoville festivities ... yes, no, yes, no, yes! That’s it I’m going to the surf club to knock out 10k on the ski trainer. Phew that was a difficult decision because I’ve become comfortable in the pool ... even if I can't match it with the Dark Mavis or Grant Hayes, my breathing is so much better and style has improved over the months.

But today (Census Day) I dragged out the K1 trainer and got started right on 5am for 4.5 thousand strokes over 10klm. I must admit that at eight klms my mind was trying to convince me that 8 is pretty good for a training session and I was still recovering from Sunday so hey maybe I should head home for breakfast and make the 0640am train as usual. But I kicked on to 10klm and decided that the 0709am would be just fine. I actually felt better at 10klm than I did at 8klm, go figure.

Anyway here's hoping there is a question on the census tonight about how much physical activity you did today. Hand on heart I can say 10klm.

No comments:

Post a Comment