I could be having a particularly Buddhist week but this thought came to me this morning as I swam my 2k recovery swim. Just the normal 5 x 400m (free, kick, free w fins, paddle w pull buoy, free) but it was the discussion I had with Mick McGauren before I hit the water that was enlightening. I have probably known Mick for about the last five years to nod hello to. I know he can swim like a barracuda and also that he’d done the Gold before. But this morning as I waited to enter the pool turnstyle he came over and chatted about the Gold Coast event and showed genuine interest in our progress.
As I was about to dive in to the pool he came back over to share with me everything from sunscreen, working with a group, sprint & distance training,... to goo energy products. I was stoked with the information and have already put some of it to good use. Saturday’s 12k competition paddle at Akuna Bay 2 Bobbin Head should be a good trial event.
GrimSki
No comments:
Post a Comment