Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Was that 68 or 70

Today was the weekly swim without a break. I started off going up and down the pool and after a km or so the mind starts to wander - not sure what I was thinking about, but it could of been anything from 'jeez it's cold', going through to 'bloody hell I'm getting hot', 'wonder if there will be lots of people swimming past me in the Gold', or 'will I be able to keep up with anyone' etc etc.

Anyway after what I thought was 3.5km I stopped and looked at the watch...I was under an hour (just), so now I started to doubt myself for how far I had swum as I wasn't pushing that hard at the start but had tried to maintain a constant pace. So just in case I missed counting a lap I quickly headed off for another 100m....so I either swam 3.5 or 3.6km - Really should of finished off with another 400m to have another 4km swim under my belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment