Been a few days since I've blogged. I did a couple of long runs last week but was struggling with a headcold that, yet again, developed into a chesty cough. It's one thing after another and it has really been getting in the way of my training. I have just flown Sydney - Bangkok - Heathrow - Geneva and have been here for about 6 hours. I forced myself to stay awake on the first flight, then on the second flight I ate the meal (to avoid food lag) and slept for 6-7 hours. On the first flight I managed to stand up a bit, but by the end of the second flight my legs were pretty stiff! I walked around Heathrow terminal 5 for a few hours just to get the blood flowing. After I checked into my hotel here I changed into the running gear, started with a power walk for 1 hour, then a slow run for 1 hour, then another walk (but not a power walk) for another hour. I just wanted to take it easy to avoid DVT or some flying-related issue. The chesty cough was pretty bad before the run but seemed to clear up during the run. It didn't really feel like hard work though. Such a beautiful sunny day in Geneva, lots of people at the Bains des Paquis (basically a massive public swimming / sunbaking area off a pontoon on Lake Geneva) and also lots of people at Geneva baby plage. I think I will have to get in there at some point this week but I only have a training cozzie. Most women here wear bikinis and have orange tans. The men - well they just wear their knickers.
This blog covers the training of Ocean Beach SLSC team "the Honeymooners" for the 2011 Coolangatta Gold.
Sunday, 28 August 2011
Je suis en Geneve
Been a few days since I've blogged. I did a couple of long runs last week but was struggling with a headcold that, yet again, developed into a chesty cough. It's one thing after another and it has really been getting in the way of my training. I have just flown Sydney - Bangkok - Heathrow - Geneva and have been here for about 6 hours. I forced myself to stay awake on the first flight, then on the second flight I ate the meal (to avoid food lag) and slept for 6-7 hours. On the first flight I managed to stand up a bit, but by the end of the second flight my legs were pretty stiff! I walked around Heathrow terminal 5 for a few hours just to get the blood flowing. After I checked into my hotel here I changed into the running gear, started with a power walk for 1 hour, then a slow run for 1 hour, then another walk (but not a power walk) for another hour. I just wanted to take it easy to avoid DVT or some flying-related issue. The chesty cough was pretty bad before the run but seemed to clear up during the run. It didn't really feel like hard work though. Such a beautiful sunny day in Geneva, lots of people at the Bains des Paquis (basically a massive public swimming / sunbaking area off a pontoon on Lake Geneva) and also lots of people at Geneva baby plage. I think I will have to get in there at some point this week but I only have a training cozzie. Most women here wear bikinis and have orange tans. The men - well they just wear their knickers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment