Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Trumpet Blowing

No this is not me blowing my own trumpet (well by blogging your training each day you are doing that anyway), but this letting everyone know of the strange happenings that go on each morning down at the Woy Woy Leisure Centre. This morning I pull into the carpark next to GrimSki and he gets out of his car with a case and hands it over to me - I get him to sign a form and we are all sweet to now head in and start our morning training.

I wonder what was in the case - a trumpet for Aidan (and maybe Emily) to start learning. So sorry neighbours and anyone else within hearing distance of our house, but it is all GrimSki's fault. Thank you Richard and Mary (I think - I could be cursing you soon). The form was an expression of interest to be a Duty Officer with CCSLS - once again thank you Richard (I think).

Now for the trumpet blowing - I swam another 3.5km in the normal sequence of 3 x 1km swims with a 500m to finish. No great times today, mid 16minutes for the first km and just over 17 for the next two. Was starting to get a bit bored by the end of the swim but know that I need to keep up the effort as the Gold is not that far away.

1 comment: