This morning I was keen and eager as I walked into the pool, however once I hit the water I felt like I was weighted down. The first km was over 17mins and I was thinking that I would struggle to get through the 3.5km today.
During the second km I was just trying to keep a decent pace, felt like I was going OK, but the timing was still quite slow. But when I put my head up at the end of that swim was greeted by the fellow in the lane next to me with a "G'day Chaps" and looked over to see the Club Captain occupying lane 5. Nij hasn't been seen in the pool at this time of the morning for well....I can't remember how long.
I had to push on and try to get in 3km's. With the way I was feeling was thinking that I would just struggle through the last km and then head home. By the end of the 3rd km I thought that I had a half decent pace going but once again the clock wont lie and the time was around the 17.40. Instead of getting out and heading home, I needed to push through and get to the 3.5, it is probably more important that I can push myself when I am not feeling too great - that might be how I feel on the day of the Gold.
So today was a difficult 3 x 1km and 1 x 500m for the 3.5km. Hope that I I feel more sprightly in the pool tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment