Sunday, 26 June 2011

And the logie goes to...

Huge couple of surf Lifesaving days this weekend. Spent Friday night and Saturday at the Slsnsw combined portfolio conferencein Sydney, back to OBSLSC press night last night- heaps of fun, and pretty dusty this morning for the trip back to the conference in Sydney and finally back to the OB election of office meeting... Phew! Managed to cram in a leisurely 4 km paddle at OB and Umina with a couple of gentle waves around 3-4 pm this arvo. Was a fantastic day for it and it was a shame I couldn't get out for a much longer and solid hit out. But I am claiming victory given the couple of hours sleep I had last night and the fact I plain didn't want to go out and be the only thing in the ocean- no one else would gear up and come out with me.

Anyway, psychologically it was good to paddle in isolation, and I am happy with how I am feeling on the board these days. Keen to start ramping up the pace and the surf!

also the cat is out of the bag following preso last night... Channel Ten tv will be following us as part of their coverage of the 2011 coolangatta gold- we will be filmed during training, in interview,at our wedding and during the race. I am pretty excited about having the camera on my board for the event although I now have to work on my "this isn't hard, I am so bloody cool, how bout these guns" face for the footage. As if I didn't have enough trouble with the "just bash through the paddling and don't drown" face.

No comments:

Post a Comment