Sunday, 19 June 2011

Cross Training

Well this weekend the Swimmer went for some alternative training. I did spend a fair bit of time in the pool, but rather than swimming laps I was doing my Scuba divers course. So Saturday was spent up at Mingara swimming pool learning all the skills for my Open Water divers course. Today was was my first Ocean Dive, while the visibility was not great, was still a fantastic new experience. Will be finishing the course next weekend so no Saturday paddle with the team for this little black duck

As I had a free afternoon today, I was speaking with the Director of the Board and we decided for a bit more cross training and jumped on the bikes for a quick 25km ride. Was good to get back on the pushie after not going for a ride for many months, the Director and I pushed ourselves (well I was feeling it at the end of the ride). On the way back we decided to detour and ride the longer way home to get in a couple of extra hills (that's what Cadel would do!).

Anyway should be back in the pool tomorrow morning. A quick congratulations to the Director of the Board, Grimski and The Running Bride for the recognition they received at Central Coast Surf Life Saving Awards last night. The achievements of these guys is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment