Thursday, 30 June 2011

July 1 - increasing my distance

So it's the 1st day of July and I did say that from July my morning swims would be 3.5 km, which is the swim distance in the Coolangatta Gold.

So I jumped out of bed with a spring in my step and headed off to the pool - it was like a ghost town there this morning. Had a lane to myself for the whole session, and there was no one in GrimSki's lane either. My plan was to do 2 x 1km, do a 500m and finish with another 1km.

The first 2 x 1km were pretty standard, 16.35 for the 1st and 16.50 for the 2nd km, with only a 1 minute rest. For the next set the plan was to only do a pretty easy 500m, but I was watching the big clock as I was swimming and thought that I am on another sub 17min km - so I kept on pushing as this would of been the first time that all my 1km timed swims would of been under the 17min mark. Anyway I hit the wall and stopped my watch and it was bang on 17mins - so still have the goal of getting all my swims in the sub 17 minute mark.

Finished off with an easy 500m - to make sure that I swam 3.5km. I remember when I started swimming laps last year I was struggling to swim 1500m over a session with lots of breaks, now it is only lack of time that is making me get out of the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment