This weekend seemed more jammed packed than normal. While it was an active weekend it wasn't really training specific.
Saturday morning was off to complete my Open Water Diving certification - 3 dives out at Terrigal Haven. Was a magnificent experience and can't wait to get some more dives under my belt. This basically took out all day Saturday and was then off to the OB Presentation on Saturday night. My team-mates seemed to be 'over achievers' as they were constantly being called up for another award.
Sunday after a quick swim race over at Pearl Beach it was off to Sydney for a Harbour Bridge climb - while I can claim that I was doing some stair training, it is hardly much of an effort for the fantastic view on such a perfect cloudless day.
Reality hit this morning with the alarm doing its trick and getting me to the pool at 5am. Once again I timed 3 x 1km swims.
1st Km - 16.33
2nd km - 17.02
3rd km - 16.50
Really happy that I managed to swim the last km quicker than the 2nd one. Basically want to work on the endurance and ability to maintain a consistent speed.
Also at the presentation I realised that there a few different people out there reading our blog (I thought that it was only the team and our families reading), so now I have to try to be entertaining - which I haven't in this long winded blog, but I will try to improve :)
No comments:
Post a Comment