Monday, 27 June 2011

Monday

Did a speed session on the tready with the Director of the Board. 5 x 400m solid efforts, allowing myself to recover in between with a 200m walk. Started with a 1km warm-up and finished with a 1km warm down to make it up to 5km. Speed sessions are a good reality check because I don't really push myself in long runs. I found today's session fine in terms of cardiovascular fitness, but a little tough on the legs. I think I run a little differently on the tready, overemphasizing the picking up of my legs so I don't trip on the belt, resulting in burning of the tibialis anterior muscles. Either that, or my legs were still getting over the 10km yesterday. A walk tonight with dad followed by some stretching should sort it out. Swimming training tomorrow - hope the alarm clock wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment