


It has been over 3 days since my last blog so this is what I've been up to... Thursday was strength day: 3km run around St Huberts Island followed by 5x run-ups of the bridge (200m). Tough session. I bought an aqua belt for deep water running and did a 40 minute session at PLC on Friday night. I think I still need to work on the technique, but I can see it being a useful training technique to avoid injury. And today... I went down to Ocean Beach to watch the rest of the team go for a paddle in the surf (yes, there were some waves at OB today!). A freezing cold morning, I had to save all my energy for my first track session at Mingara with coach Peter Quick and the Tuckers (Ally & Jason), Rob, Bob, Debbie, Peter and Bradman. It took me back to my old days of track training as a teen. I dusted off my running spikes and hit the track. The warm up with the team was ok, then I started the main set with Jason. 5x 400m with 60 seconds rest between each one. It was the first time I had felt the spikes against the synthetic track in about 12 years, and I was off to a flying start, only to hit the wall at 200m. Couldn't maintain that pace! I ended up sticking to a more sensible pace that I could maintain for the rest of them. A couple of laps to warm down and some 100m run-throughs with the crew. Then McCafe coffee with the Tuckers.
No comments:
Post a Comment