Sunday, 10 July 2011

Broken Machine

I woke up a little sore on Sunday morning from my track session at Mingara on Saturday (butt and thighs!). Nevertheless, I dragged myself down to the beach where I did a 60 minute sand run to keep it real. It was a beautiful morning and some dogs joined me every now and then for 100m before finding something to be more excited about. After speaking to some past Gold competitors, I decided to do the run in joggers as they say the sand in the race is like concrete. The conditions at Ocean Beach were perfect. My previous sand runs had been on the softer stuff and either bare foot or in Vibram FiveFingers shoes. My lower calves are a bit sore this morning and the butt and thighs are no better! Today is rest day. It is really hard to tell myself to have a rest day, but recovery is important too.

No comments:

Post a Comment