Sunday, 31 July 2011

Monday swim - feeling good

This mornings swim was 3 x 1km with 500m to finish. The first km came in at 16.50 and the second at 16.57. The second km was actually me going at a fairly pedestrian pace so was surprised when I hit the stopwatch at the end to be under (just) the 17 minutes.

I remembered back that I was aiming to have all three of the kilometre swims in under 17 mins this was my opportunity, so I thought that I need to go out strongly to try and meet this goal. I was actually following the big minute clock in the pool and was on target throughout the whole swim, I hit the wall and the time was 16.30. Was very happy with myself.

The final 500 was completed in 8.25.

So the total swim time for the 3.5km was 58.43 - this was with a one minute break at the end of each set. Would like to be swimming this time without the breaks, but will have to see how I go.

Was planning on continuing the 3.5km each morning for this month and during Sept swim 4km a morning. Am starting to think that I should start doing 4km sooner and might try to swim 4km a couple of days a week. Will see how I go this week, but definitely next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment