Still excited by Cadel Evans win in the tour de France! It made it impossible to get to the pool this morning though. Instead I dragged my gear to work and hit up the gym and pool this arvo. Took it reasonably easy because I am still at risk of getting sick. Did a relaxing 5k run on the tready, followed straight up by 1.5k hard on the ergo rower, 10 mins core exercises, 10 mins stretching, and a straight 1 k in the pool. I am not exhausted so I think I am about ready to get back in to the pool properly, and start building up some hard sessions over the next 3 weeks.
Big night on Saturday night with the running bride taking out the NSW surf lifesaver of the year title! I picked up a high commendation for volunteer of the year and we spent hours having photos and doing interviews- directing people to this blog!- all of this essentially killed any real training opportunity for yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment