- First km was just under 16.30.
- Second km was in 17.15 - Not a big effort and think that I could of gone a bit quicker.
- Third km was in 17.45 (but I did stop to have a quick 30 sec chat with Grimmo so this was probably another 17.15)
The last 500m was not timed, but I did put in a bit of an effort. Two lanes over from me some Umina clubbies were training and had not long been in the pool (so they were fresher than me). At the end of the first 100 I noticed that me and one of Umina guys was turning at the same time, I didn't want to let him in front of me, so I put in a bit of an effort to keep in front and then he does the same...so I am sure that we were both thinking the same thing...that we wanted to beat the other. Anyway after 400 we were both neck and neck (really I was slightly in front)and I am thinking that I only have another 100 to go, so I put in the effort and got to be over a body length in front. Glad that I was at the end of my session I looked over half expecting this guy to turn and keep going, but he was as stuffed as I was and had a break at the end of the effort...neither of us said anything and I will feel quite cheated if he wasn't putting in an effort and I just had the whole competition thing in my head.
Anyway you have to think of something when heading up and down the pool for 70 laps, and thinking that I am racing this guy is not all bad - makes me try a bit harder.
No comments:
Post a Comment