This blog covers the training of Ocean Beach SLSC team "the Honeymooners" for the 2011 Coolangatta Gold.
Friday, 15 July 2011
Swearing bride
Friday turned out to be a busy day, and I had planned to do a 5km tempo run on the treadmill at the work gym where I could lock in the speed, but time got the better of me. So I braved the weather (second coldest day this Winter) and went out for a run in the pouring rain and freezing cold winds. I kept saying in my head "set yourself on fire!" just to stay warm. We had some technical issues with the GPS watch telling me I was running much faster than I was, so I slowed down, wondering why I felt so great at that speed! I had to pay for it later, with the chairman of the board making me feel like a contestant on The Biggest Loser. By the end of the run there were all sorts of #$%& words coming out of my mouth when he pushed me harder. So it ended up being an acceleration run rather than a tempo run. There were so many puddles and potholes on the footpath, and that did not help. Doing a 12km run later today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment