This blog covers the training of Ocean Beach SLSC team "the Honeymooners" for the 2011 Coolangatta Gold.
Wednesday, 27 July 2011
Tough times
It is really tough (mentally) when you know you need to train but you also know it's not a good idea to push yourself. Today is my last day on the antibiotics for the chest infection but I awoke with a mild sore throat and now my nose is partially blocked. I've tried to keep the legs going while I've been sick - still went for a long power walk with Dad and have been on the fluid bike trainer, but I think it is now time to ease back into some running and swimming. I played touch footy last night but tried to spend some time on the bench too, and didn't run too much. We have a ski trip planned this weekend and the swimmers & goggles are packed! The legs should get a good workout on the slopes too! The chairman of the board and I bought a new car to tow our camper trailer to our honeymoon destination, the Coolangatta Gold. The ski trip will help break the new car in. Halfway through writing this blog I received a call from Ian Hanson from SLSA. You might just be reading more about us in the local media so look out for the Honeymooners, people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment