Even though it has only been 5 days, it felt like ages since I have actually paddled the board. Went for a Saturday arvo island paddle with grim ski and the swimmer (who is now eyeing off a position as the ski paddler after just purchasing Chris Allums dolphin ski this morning). It seems like hard work today particularly with my knee still hurting a bit when I jump up to paddle hard. Comfortingly though it was feeling hard because I was moving fast ( or at least faster than I have before) taking almost 2 minutes off my best 5 k to date. Went round in 47:10. I am confident that I can bring this down into the low 40's by the gold. Bearing in mind these paddles are still water so conditions on the day will have a significant impact.
In other news the honeymooners took on the SERC competition at the NSW pool rescue championships this morning and finished 6th overall. Was a pretty good effort for our first run through and were ultimately not far off the pace. Plenty of improvement to come!
Waiting to head for my favorite dinner tonight- Indian from rajdahni kincumber, best in AUS.
No comments:
Post a Comment